CBD oil is one of over 100 cannabinoids found in marijuana and hemp plants. However, unlike THC, CBD is a non psychoactive which means you will not get “high” from using it. CBD oil is taken for many different reasons and in many different ways. In this guide, you will discover the many reasons to take CBD oil as well as the different ways to use it effectively.
Reasons to Take CBD Oil
Research has found many medicinal benefits to using CBD oil which include the following:
- Pain: One of the biggest reasons people take CBD oil is for its analgesic effects in relieving pain. CBD oil interacts with various receptors in the brain to help reduce inflammation and alleviate pain associated with it. The best thing is that CBD offers effective pain relief without any adverse side effects.
- Seizures: CBD has been a miracle drug for those with chronic seizures from epilepsy and other disorders. Seizures happen when there is a dramatic variation of the electrical activity in the brain. Those who experience seizures and begin taking CBD oil to see a drop of nearly 40% in the frequency of seizures.
- Anxiety: CBD oil is commonly used to help treat anxiety. It works with receptors in the brain to alleviate feelings of anxiety. In fact, it does the opposite of THC when used according to its dosage.
- Cancer: Chemicals in CBD oil have been known to activate receptors in the body to produce effects that help cancer in your central nervous system as well as the immune system.
- Diabetes: Although it is not talked about as much, CBD oil has been found to aid in preventing diabetes in those that are at high risk. Therefore, taking CBD oil as a daily regimen can also be beneficial.
- Insomnia: CBD oil stimulates alertness during the day while decreasing anxiety. Thus helping you to get into a REM sleep quicker and better than not taking it.
Different Ways to Take CBD Oil
The way you take CBD oil is determined by why you are taking it. When taking CBD oil, the way it is taken can play into how it works with your body. CBD oil can be taken in the following ways:
The best option to deliver the benefits of CBD oil is through ingestion. When you ingest CBD oil, the oil is passed through your digestive system, metabolized by your liver, and then sent to your bloodstream in the same way vitamins and supplements are digested. You can ingest CBD oil in the following ways:
- Edibles such as candy, brownies, or any type of food.
- Beverages such as in your morning Latte.
If you are looking for a daily dose of CBD oil for prevention of diabetes, to regulate sleep patterns, or prevent seizures, ingestion is a great way to get your daily dose of CBD oil.
The quickest way to get the effects of CBD oil to your bloodstream and interacting with the endocannabinoid system is for it to be administered sublingually. When CBD oil is taken sublingually, it is held under the tongue for about 90 seconds. Under your tongue, there are mucous membranes that absorb the oil active ingredients. By allowing those membranes to absorb the compound, it bypasses the digestive system and liver allowing the CBD oil to interact with your endocannabinoid system much quicker. The main forms of sublingual CBD oil are:
- Pure CBD oil
- Full Spectrum CBD Oil Tinctures
These methods are designed to be held in the mouth and absorbed by the capillaries in the mouth before you swallow it. When buying CBD oil for pain, insomnia, cancer, anxiety, or inflammation, this is the type of CBD oil you would want to take.
Not only can you ingest CBD oil for benefits, but you can apply it directly to your skin. The active ingredients are able to be absorbed through your skin and can interact with the cells that are near the surface of your skin. This can happen without it ever entering your bloodstream. Topical medicinal CBD oil work great to address skin conditions or pain that is isolated because it is able to be applied directly where it is needed the most. Topical oil can also be used daily to help hair, skin, and nails. The following can have CBD oil and be used topically:
- Body Wash
Inhalation is another way to reap the benefits of CBD. However, this option is not recommended for treating children. During inhalation, CBD is inhaled by vaporizing. The vaporizer will heat up the CBD oil enough to release its compounds. However, it will not heat up enough to cause combustion. Because the CBD enters your lungs, it diffuses directly into your bloodstream. This means that since it doesn’t have to make its way through your digestive system or liver, the CBD will have effects faster than ingestion. When inhaling, less CBD is lost compared to other methods. Inhalation is done with the following:
- CBD e-liquid
- Plug-in vaporizers
- Portable vapor pens
Inhalation is used for severe pain and chronic anxiety as it is one of the quickest methods to getting the benefits of CBD oil.
Although there are many ways of taking CBD oil, research has found that one of the quickest and best methods of taking CBD oil for ailments is through a sublingual full spectrum tincture like that made from Nuvelio Naturals.If you are ready to alleviate symptoms and become healthier, head on over to our shop, today and get your full spectrum CBD oil.