How can CBD Oil Help ADHD
If you or someone you love has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), you have probably spent hours upon hours researching something to help with it. ADHD can make it difficult to focus, sit still, and fight impulsiveness making day to day tasks challenging for those who have it.
Although ADHD is a challenging disorder, research has come a long way in finding cures to the symptoms of ADHD in both adults and children. Research is has found and is still finding many uses for CBD oil including helping with ADHD. With this article, you can make an informed decision on how CBD oil can help ADHD.
What is ADHD?
ADHD is an acronym for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. In short, a diagnosis is based on symptoms you may have. ADHD is a complex brain disorder that causes difficulty focussing and managing daily life. The brain of a person with ADHD has a hard time performing complex functions to harness their focus in the right direction at the right time because all the receptors are inactive at the same time
ADHD is actually a diagnosis of 3 different disorders which include the following:
- Not paying attention to details
- Careless mistakes
- Not listening when others speak
- Not following through on tasks
- Unable to organize tasks to get things done.
- Avoidance of tasks that require long periods of mental effort.
- Unable to sit still
- Can’t do things quietly
- Always moving
- Very talkative
- Difficulty being patient
Treatments for ADHD
Because ADHD effects 11% of children and 5% of adults, treatment options are becoming more common especially in school-aged children. Although there are various types of medications and therapies available for ADHD, it is important to research your options to discover the best option for you or your loved one.
- Stimulants: Stimulant medication is the most common in treating symptoms of ADHD. Stimulants work on a neurologica level to help program the brain to control focus and impulses. Physicians will normally prescribe a stimulant like Adderall, Vyvanse, or Ritalin. However, many of these stimulants can have side effects.
- Therapy: Science has discovered that we are capable of reprogramming our brains through various therapies. This is called conditioning. In conditioning, you can reprogram the brain to respond to positive attention and focus through positive reinforcement. However, therapy alone is not recommended by physicians.
- CBD Oil: CBD is one of 113 chemical compounds called cannabinoids. When isolated, it is able to help symptoms for various disorders. It is naturally found in the body, on earth, and science has found no dangerous side effects. If you are looking for a natural way to help symptoms of ADHD, CBD oil may be the right choice for you.
How CBD Oil Helps ADHD
As stated earlier, people with ADHD have multiple inactive receptors at the same time causing suffers to lack focus, attention, and impulse control. Everyone has receptors everywhere in the body and the brain as part of a system called the endocannabinoid system.
The Endocannabinoid System
The receptors in the Endocannabinoid system play a huge role in controlling receptors throughout your brain and body that help the body with memory, attention, focus, appetite, pain, and mood. We make endocannabinoids naturally in order to activate these receptors. However, those with ADHD do not have the right receptors activated at the right time. By activating these receptors, it can decrease the symptoms of ADHD.
CBD Oil in the Endocannabinoid System
Those who use Full Spectrum CBD oil receive cannabinoids from the oil to activate these receptors. CBD oil is almost like the key to activating the receptors in the brain that you need to minimize the effects of ADHD. Most specifically, CBD oil helps to activate adenosine receptors which control anxiety.
As CBD oil activates key receptors in the brain, symptoms of ADHD diminish.
Can CBD Be Used in Children with ADHD
As stated above, 11% of children are diagnosed with ADHD. This can be overwhelming and challenging for parents to face. When looking at options to help with your child’s ADHD, it is always important to discuss it with your child’s doctor. There is no evidence that shows CBD oil to be dangerous for children.
With that being said, many parents are skeptical about the uses of CBD oil in children. This is largely due to the fact that CBD oil is derived from marijuana or hemp plants. CBD oil is not marijuana because it contains very small traces of THC. See CBD VS THC for more information. CBD is, also, not legal in all states, so it is important to know the laws in your state before using CBD oil.
Related: Which States is it Legal to Buy CBD Oil
Studies have shown that CBD oil is effective in helping with seizures, epilepsy, ADHD, and anxiety in children. There have been no known dangerous side effects for children. Many parents swear by CBD oil to treat their child’s ADHD. However, it is still recommended to talk with your doctor before starting any new supplement or medication for a child.
Related: CBD and Your Children Yay or Nay?
If you are ready to start living your life free of prescription medication without dangerous side effects while keeping your ADHD under control, Nuvelio Naturals is for you! Head on over to shop to get yours, today!
Leave a comment