Let’s face it; we all want to be a little healthier and most importantly happier. There are tons of fad diets out there, but when it comes down to being healthier, you have to be healthy in a way that makes you happy. If you don’t feel happy in your new fad diet, chances are you won’t stick to it, right?! Well, adding CBD oil to your food not only makes you healthier, but you won’t have to quit eating the things you love!
What is CBD Oil?
CBD is an acronym for Cannabidiol. CBD is found in Cannabis plants. When you use CBD oil it interacts with your body through the endocannabinoid system CBD is like a key to a lock. You have millions of receptors in this system and when CBD (the key) enters those receptors, it activates the receptors needed to keep your body in balance. There are many benefits to using CBD oil.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Oil?
With stories flocking the internet, there is no lack of information on the benefits of CBD oil. However, clinical studies have been underway, and doctors across the world are finding out all the many benefits of using CBD oil. Here are some of the benefits of CBD Oil:
- It works for pain. Pain is one of the biggest reasons people are taking CBD oil
- It helps anxiety and depression. It increases serotonin levels. CBD works directly with receptors in your brain that produce serotonin. Serotonin helps keep depression at bay and stabilize your brain’s mood.
- It may help decrease abnormal cell growth. Some studies have even shown that CBD oil may prevent abnormal cell growth to continue. This is huge for those who have been affected by cancer.
Why Should You Take CBD Oil Daily?
Unlike other things on the market that are said to help with ailments immediately, CBD oil works best when it is taken daily. CBD oil will start working with your bodies cannabinoid receptors
immediately to start balancing your system, however, many benefits are not fully experienced right away.
CBD Regulates and Maintains Balance
Once the CBD oil is absorbed in the body, it begins working with cannabinoid receptors with in the endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is responsible for regulating and maintaining balance in your immune system and central nervous system. CBD oil works by activating those receptors to keep all your functions in balance. When you don’t get this one day, you throw your body out of homeostasis.
With that being said, CBD builds up in your body over time making the endocannabinoid system more active. Taking a daily dose of CBD oil helps to maintain the benefits of CBD on your body. You can find a way to get your daily dose of CBD oil by using it in your cooking.
10 Tips for Cooking with CBD Oil
It may be simple to pop a pill each day, or put a tincture under your tongue, but many are trying to put their healthy lifestyles into a routine. However, with all routines, it’s important to look at other mistakes, so you don’t get it wrong. Here are 10 tips to cooking with CBD oil:
- Don’t put CBD oil under direct heat. Doing this, will make whatever dish you are cooking taste disgusting. But, most importantly, heating it too high will make the CBD oil lose its effectiveness, so you won’t get the health benefits you are aiming for. It also brings out more of its bitterness.
- Do not heat it past 356 degrees. Temperatures between 320 degrees to 356 degrees will cause CBD oil to evaporate.
- CBD oil works great in garnishes and sauces. To get the most out of your CBD oil, use it in your garnishes and sauces.
- Mix it with strong flavors. If you have an unflavored CBD oil, there is an herby taste to it. Mix your CBD oil into foods with stronger flavors or that already have that herby taste.
- Refined CBD oil works better. Decarboxylated and filtered oil tend to leave less of an aftertaste when cooking. It has been said to make food taste better.
- Drizzle the raw extraction over your food. When in doubt, drizzling the raw CBD oil on top of your food makes for a great dish.
- Less is more. When beginning to cook with CBD oil, it is important to start out with less. Too much CBD oil can lead to bad flavors, wasted oil, and too much of the effects.
- Keep CBD oil in a cool dark place. When not using CBD oil, it is important to store it in a cool dark place.
- Stir more than you normally would. The more you stir your CBD oil into your recipe. the more evenly distributed it will be and the better the effects.
- 10. CBD oil needs mixed into a fat or oil based ingredient. Mix CBD oil in things like butter, ghee, lard, or other oils to get the desired effects.
Related: Cannabis is Also a Powerful Preventative Medicine
CBD oil is changing the world one bite at a time! Don’t be the last to find out what CBD oil can do for you!